We understand that your personal information is exceptionally important to you (especially given the nature of our website and the products we sell) and when you trust us with it, we have a duty to keep it safe and secure. To that end, you can be assured that our data handling policies and standards are fully in line with GDPR.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23/07/2018
This Privacy Notice explains what information Intimate Pleasures, (‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’) gather about you, what we use that information for, and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries
We take data protection very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice describes how we handle personal information collected through our website and by any other means.
It is our policy to collect only the minimum information required from you. If you believe we have collected excessive information about you, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to raise any concerns you may have.
In this Privacy Notice your personal information is sometimes called “personal data”. We sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting or storing your personal information as ‘processing’.
Although you do not have to provide any of your personal information to us, if we ask you to do so and you refuse, we may be unable to provide you with the information, products or services you want from us.
Personal information Personal information is anything that enables you to be identified or identifiable, e.g. your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
Collection of personal information
Below are some examples of how you may provide personal information to us
- Ordering products from us
- Entering Competitions
- Searching and browsing our website for content
- Subscribing to our newsletter
- Submitting CVs or work history information
Use of personal information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice including:
- To provide you with our products
- To administer and manage our website(s), including
- To confirm and authenticate your identity
- To personalise and enrich your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you;
- To understand how people, use the features and functions of our website in order to improve the user experience;
- To monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Business and policies; and/or
- Any other purposes for which you provided the information to us, including any of the purposes given in the ‘Collection of personal information’ section above.
We do not collect personally identifying information for sale or use by third parties.
We do not sell any data to third parties
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- To perform our contractual obligations to you;
- To satisfy any legal obligations to which we are subject;
- To satisfy our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of products and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses;
- If you have agreed to us processing your personal information (where no other lawful basis for processing is available)
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
Only authorised persons are provided access to personally identifiable information we have collected, and such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure.
We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee or accept liability for the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Sharing personal information
We may transfer, share or disclose the personal data we collect from you to third parties
(and their respective subcontractors, and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates) for:
- The purposes for which the information has been submitted
- The purposes listed above underuse of personal information
- The administration and maintenance of our website and/or
- Other internal or administrative purposes.
We also may transfer share or disclose personal data to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services.
The third-party providers may use their own third-party subcontractors that have access to personal data (sub-processors). It is our policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by us, and to flow those same obligations down to their sub-processors.
International transfers of personal information
We do not transfer (send) your personal information outside South African Borders.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- When explicitly requested by you;
- When required to deliver our products and services to you;
- As otherwise set out in this privacy statement.
We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement and other government agencies and other third parties, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we need it, given the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Normally, this means we will retain your personal information for seven years. For more information please email for a copy of our retention policy.
We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honour your request.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences you will receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can contact us by email at email@example.com
Rights in relation to your information
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please contact us.
Automated decision making
We will not use your personal information for automated decision making or profiling
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy and we never knowingly collect personal information about individuals under the age of 18. Our Terms and conditions of use require all users to be above the age of majority in their local country. We adhere to laws regarding marketing to children.
We do not intend to collect special category (also known as sensitive) personal information through our website(s) (unless we are legally required to do so). Examples of special category information are: race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and criminal records.
We ask that you do not provide us with special category personal information when using our website.